Solar Development Engineer
Opportunity to join one of the largest renewable energy companies in the United States, performing as a Project Engineer within the Development team.
The Solar Development Engineer will play a key role in advising and leading on technical matters, related to the development of greenfield solar projects being developed by the company, managing varied responsibilities through EPC bidding stage.
This is a remote role with 1 week per month spent in the company's Virginia HQ (per diem paid).
- Liase with various members of the project teams to provide technical expertise on project development
- Review and provide estimates on project time-lines and schedules
- Play an active role in project acquisition process, including technical due diligence and additional reports reviews
- Support the assessment of new technologies and opportunities
- Support during handover from development through to execution stage
- Review reports, bids, orders etc. from EPC Contractors
- Conduct site visits as required
- 4+ years' solar engineering experience
- Degree in engineering or related discipline
- Experience working on utility-scale solar projects; ideally managed portfolio of projects concurrently
- Good knowledge of solar development process and stakeholders engaged
- Ability to travel to site and office as required