(Solar) Development Manager,Taiwan
Our client is a global leading solar developer, and is looking for a Development Manager to join their team in Taiwan.
For success in this role, you need to manage co-developer (somethings being very difficult) having experience in permit and development management to drive the project through NTP.
- Drive and manage existing co-development greenfield solar projects by working closely with the wider team
- Manageland aggregation and permitting process by coordinating different work streams and internal departmental resource: permit & planning, PPA, technical, commercial engineering, procurement, legal, grid and delivery.
- Bridge the relationship with all relevant stakeholders including landowners, land agents, co-developers, external consultants, TPC, BOE, COA and other planning bodies, and internal resource
- Oversee projects effectively - leading meetings and communications and directing stakeholders to ensure maximum efficiency. This requires a high level of action-orientated, clear communication at all times, including weekly and monthly meetings/reporting to peers, project team and Executives
- Run financial models and use price indicators to test different project scenarios
- Regularly update and provide clear forecasting of project cashflows in line with budget forecasts.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to obtain the information required to independently write and present formal budget requests to Investment Committees.
- Represent company at community and company events, conveying our business and development acumen in a professional manner while enforcing company strategies.
- Provide timely market intelligence (projects, trends, competitor's activities)
- Proactive problem-solving in dealing with various challenges through the project development process.
- Has direct experience in type I permitting, co-development or permit management.
- Solar experience preferred but minimum 3 year's experience in wider renewable or infrastructure development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Experience in M&A is beneficial
- Project Management know how
- Knowledge of Option to Lease, purchase / land rights agreements essential
- Understanding of grid & knowledge/relationships with electrical professional engineers, TPC and BOE
- Understanding of project finance and financial modelling terms
- Understanding of renewable industry, energy and environmental issues in Taiwan