Solar Procurement Manager (Modules), USA
Opportunity for an experienced solar professional with strong connections in the module sector to take on the strategic role of Procurement Manager, USA.
The Solar Procurement Manager (Modules) is a strategic leadership position within the company's global procurement team. This professional will inform decision making by providing strategic market, product, competitor, and customer insights with the goal of enabling growth, profitability, and operational excellence across the group.
This is a remote position based in the US. The successful candidate can also choose to work from one of the company's four US offices on a hybrid basis if desired.
- Monitor PV module supply, technology, innovation, and cost trends
- Provide regular reports and update on market intelligence
- Manage comprehensive supply chain and cost intelligence for PV modules on suppliers, competitors, and customer models, including new product developments, costs and trends, and market forces
- Partner with prospective suppliers to manage their on-boarding
- Facilitate operational excellence across the group to build and end-to-end business delivery tool with seamless communication and business growth
- Interact regularly with internal stakeholders across several divisions and teams, up to and including at Board level
- Work with legal to negotiate PV module supply contracts with suppliers
- 8+ years of business experience in sales, operations, global sourcing, procurement or delivery
- Proven track record and network in the renewable energy industry a plus
- Experience in supporting multi-functional projects desired
- Experience working in multiple geographies and across different cultures
- Experience with PV modules, projects and/or solutions a plus
- Project and program management experience
- Competitive bidding experience
- Experience delivering market intelligence reports and contract negotiations
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Positive mindset and strong ability to partner with varied stakeholders effectively