Solar Project Developer
Opportunity for a UK-based Solar Developer to join a leading global renewable energy developer with specialists teams across multiple technologies (e.g. solar, wind, storage).
With an extensive pipeline of utility-scale projects throughout the UK, this company are looking for an experienced developer to lead and support the progression of this portfolio from greenfield/site identification through to ready-to-build stage.
Bring existing experience in a solar project development role, this candidate will be both highly motivated and also a strong communicator and relationship manager with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the project development team with greenfield development, site identification, business case development and pipeline delivery.
- Undertake initial design of PV and wind layouts through specialist software systems
- Engage and collaborate with relevant authorities including DNOs and National Grid in relation to grid capacity and connection opportunities for new and existing sites.
- Work with in-house technical team to progress grid applications.
- Partner with landowners to agree land agreements
- Develop templates for identified project sites, containing clear and concise GIS investigation reports on site, along with projects details across land, planning and grid connection availability
- Commercially, technically and digitally astute
- Min. 2-3 years' renewables project development experience
- Experience translating technical analysis into feasible recommendations
- Good knowledge of UK PV solar market
- Strong communicator who competence in delivering written and verbal project documents and presentations reports
- Experience managing internal and external relationships (e.g. with landowners, authorities, in-house technical teams etc.)
- Valid right to work in the UK
- Effective and committed team players who communicates well with direct colleagues