Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
Renewable Energy analytics SaaS (Software as a Service) company seeking a Solutions Architect to develop and implement systems architecture to meet their innovative business needs. This person will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing robust, scalable and secure solutions that align with their business objectives and technology strategy. The Solutions Architect will collaborate with technical managers, data scientists, data engineers, software developers and product directors. This solutions architect role requires self-direction and someone able to influence team. This position reports to the Platform Engineering Manager.
The company operates in a cross-functional squad model, and this person will be helping to build their renewable energy asset performance and operation management tool. This is an opportunity to combine a passion for code, data, and technology with the desire to make a positive impact in the world.
- Leverage deep technical expertise by working closely with Product Directors, stakeholders, and development team to understand the product requirements, business needs and technical constraints.
- Create a high-level architectural design that outlines the components, services and data flow required to build the product.
- Consider scalability, performance, security & cost-effectiveness during the design process.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies
- Develop prototypes and proof of concept, implementations to validate the feasibility of the chosen architecture and technologies.
- Ensure that the product architecture can scale to handle increasing user loads and meet performance requirements. Utilize techniques like caching, load balancing, & database optimization.
- Improve the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of the product
- Develops scalable solutions to store and retrieve high-volume time series data
- Designs and maintains high and detailed level data architecture so that data is managed properly and meets business needs
- Create detailed technical documentation, architecture diagrams and design specifications to facilitate the development & maintenance of the product.
- Design end-to-end Big Data architectures, leveraging different cloud-based technologies
- Define data ingestion strategies and real-time data processing solutions to capture, transform and load diverse data sources into the company's data platform.
- 10-12+ yrs. Overall work experience, preferably in product development with 3-5 years' work experience in Solutions Architecture
- 6-8 years' work experience Systems or application development
- Expertise in building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Expertise in debugging and performing root cause analysis on large data platforms.
- Strong analytics skill capable of normalizing unstructured datasets
- Ability to build ETL pipelines with multiple data structures, formats, sources & dependencies.
- Strong organizational, leadership, & communication skills
- Motivation to learn new technologies and explore areas outside of expertise.
- Strong foundation with Agile principles
- Technology Skills Required:
- Expertise in programming Languages: Python, Scala, Java, and SQL
- Data Processing Frameworks: Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Data integration and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load): Apache Kafka or Apache Nifi
- Database Technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Technology Skills Preferred:
- Exposure to IOT (Internet of Things) and timeseries databases such as OpenTSDB or TimescaleDB or Timestream
- Working knowledge in Data Warehousing: Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
- Working experience of using Kafka or NiFi
- Advanced Skills in Databricks
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer programming, computer science, or related field.