Sr. Director, Business Development USA
An opportunity to join a global top 10 solar energy developer in the critical role of Senior/Director, Business Development USA.
The Sr/Director of Business Development will be responsible for sourcing, managing, and closing large, utility-scale solar and storage M&A transactions ranging from single asset PPAs, to acquisitions of pipeline and/or platforms.
This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the USA. It requires right to live and work in the country without sponsorship.
- Collaborate with leadership team to establish and execute M&A strategy, including growth plans and financial planning
- Manage cross-functional collaboration with a variety of internal teams and external consultants to perform due diligence and close acquisition opportunities
- Manage M&A activity including sourcing, initial screening, project and platform diligence, off-take support, and transaction execution
- Closely follow and react to industry trends, pricing, and competitor activities
- Play a key role within an experience business development team, driving the company towards its ambitious goals
- Originate, structure, negotiate, and close solar and storage PPAs
- 6+ years' experience working at the forefront of the U.S. power markets
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Demonstrable track record of executing commercial transactions, developing and managing growth strategies, and originating BD opportunities with various stakeholders
- Proven experience in structuring and negotiating multi-million dollar commercial transactions
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail, and pro-form financial modeling experience
- Previous "closing" track record and existing relationships throughout the utility-scale PV sector
- High performance nature and drive
- Ability to work independently and utilise additional resources effectively as required
- Thrives in fast-paced environments