(Sr.) Engineer, BESS
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the major renewable energy company and developer in APAC for experienced Battery-based Energy Storage Systems engineering professionals who are familiar with BESS power systems, specifically the engineering design and construction of the BESS for the solar PV projects.
This company is fully integrated across the entire renewable energy project lifecycle, from site identification and assessment, engineering and permitting, contracting and procurement, installation and commissioning to operations and maintenance.
The ideal candidates will have years of experience within battery/energy storage/HV power systems, designing and implementing various battery-based power/energy storage systems; and have in-depth domain knowledge in terms of different kinds/uses of batteries. Solar PV project experience will be highly advantageous.
- Construction and engineering design of the Battery Energy Storage System for solar PV projects.
- Assessment of energy throughputs/yields, different configurations, and equipment options.
- Prepare preliminary design drawings including project layout, SLDs, construction and technical specs, etc.
- Review technical drawings, designs, plans, tenders, regulatory, grid connection, and other aspects of project development.
- Technical evaluation, engagement, and management for contractors, suppliers, designers, consultants, and third parties.
- Evaluation of field variations and value engineering to optimize best practices of projects.
- Risk assessment, construction, and acceleration plan.
- Support projects, tender, and technical queries, such as supply agreements, construction contracts, and execution accordingly.
- Report and reflect design work with good language and computer skills.
- Good management skills with vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Ensure that the projects are achieved, risks are properly managed, and resources are optimized.
- Active cooperation and communication with the other teams to assess and provide technical support.
- A team player who is happy to provide consults and share insights with team members.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner with high integrity that reflects the core value of the company.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, power systems, or related fields, with a focus on grid-level HV energy storage is highly regarded.
- At least 3-5 years of experience developing battery-based power systems and/or energy storage systems.
- Preferably with experience in solar energy and/or other Renewable Energy Industries.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent both in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, team management experience is preferred.
- Passion for Renewable Energy development, willing to learn and adapt to new systems and processes.