Sr. Finance Associate
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
Opportunity for an experienced and ambitious finance & accounting professional to join one of North America's leading Renewable Energy Asset Management and services companies.
The Finance Associate will perform as a key member of a strong Financial Asset Management division, with responsibility for managing project finances across Renewable Energy assets for a range of clients.
The position is based in North Carolina.
- Manage billing activities for projects, including the creation of invoicing and monitoring of AR aging.
- Lead the management of project finances for Renewable Energy investment vehicles, including partnership flip, sale leaseback, lease pass-through funds and inverted leases
- Effectively use a range of accounting software to US GAAP standards
- Fulfil GAAP Accounting for project companies, including compiling and analysing financial reports across balance sheets, cash flows and income statements
- Respond to audit and tax requests from project company, liaising with stakeholders on owner's behalf
- Supervise and review work of contractors and future resources in relation to operational accounting activity management for project entities and portfolios
- 3+ years' professional experience in financial accounting
- Strong knowledge of the general ledger
- Demonstrable experience working with accounting software platforms to manage AR/AP/FA/JE functions and month-end closing
- Familiarity across MS Office programs
- Highly organised and professional at all times
- Passion to enter a fast moving, scale-up Renewable Energy business
- Renewable Energy/infrastructure project accounting experience
- CPA and/or undergraduate accounting qualifications/degree
- Experience managing an audit and preparation of tax filings
- HLBV, partnership and/or tax advantaged accounting knowledge
- Asset Management life cycle familiarity