Sr. HV Engineer
Opportunity for an experienced HV Engineer to join one of the world's leading PV solar companies, based in the UK or Spain.
The Sr. HV Engineer will join an international Central Engineering team, and will be responsible for a variety of technical aspects related to both MV and HV electrical engineering.
This individual will play an active role throughout the life-cycle of large, utility-scale PV solar projects, from initial design and development, through construction and into operation.
- Provide technical support and guidance during the project development and acquisition processes, including key design proposal review and reports on grid connection
- Actively contribute in out of office hybrid PV site visits, supporting HV electrical analysis during construction
- Complete technical review of PV plant and additional HV/MV equipment, including substations, switch gears, cables etc.
- Support company AM and O&M professionals, focused on trouble shooting and fault finding
- Manage external consultant coordination on various tasks
- Provide technical support during EPC contract negotiation, across HV electrical engineering, equipment specification and testing
- Degree or Master's degree of engineering educated, ideally in power/electrical
- Working knowledge of a range of required MV/HV equipment for PV plant construction and operation
- Strong professional experience of MV/HV deployment and installation
- 5+ years' professional experience in electrical power industry
- Familiarity with renewable installation commissioning tests
- Demonstrable HV substations and control experience in renewable power system installations
- Familiarity with international grid codes, including UK/Spain
- PV experience preferred
- Fluent English language skills, with preference for additional language
- Passion for renewable energy and desire to contribute to a positive and high-performing work culture