Sr. Project/Business Development Manager – Netherlands
Opportunity for an experienced solar business/project development professional to take on the critical role of Senior BDM, Netherlands with a global renewable energy developer.
The Senior Business Development Manager's will play a lead, hands-on role in sourcing, negotiating, and closing utility-scale land/development opportunities, while managing key strategic relationships with various stakeholders.
This is a largely remote role that requires fluent Dutch and English language skills.
- Manage the progress of early-stage to mid-stage projects through the permitting process, working in collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders
- Manage relationships with internal legal, technical, and planning teams where necessary
- Play a lead 'hands-on' role in sourcing, negotiating, and closing greenfield development opportunities for the business to grow domestic pipeline
- Coordinate and provide oversight on the legal, technical, and tax due diligence of projects, working with external consultants as required
- Run financial models to estimate project returns
- Understand and look to implement company strategy, developing business in accordance
- Report on progression of greenfield and co-development pipeline
- At least 3 years' experience in a comparable role (i.e. renewable energy project/business/land development)
- Proven track record of originating project development opportunities
- Demonstrable record of negotiating co-development agreements with local developers
- Dynamic profession with the ability to adapt to new challenges and opportunities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Commercially savvy
- Outgoing and highly motivated personality
- Fluent level of Dutch and English languages essential
- Right to work in the Netherlands/EU required