Sr. Solar Portfolio Development Manager
Opportunity for an experienced Solar Development professional to join of the UK's fastest growing developers, by portfolio size.
The Senior Portfolio Development Manager will be manage the company's rapidly growing, >1GW portfolio of Solar PV throughout planning and development Supported by a small team of Project Managers, this individual will also play a crucial role within the broader business and its wider growth and success.
The role can be worked remotely from anywhere in England, or from one of the company's offices.
- Manage and coordinate the solar development portfolio, through the planning process to ready to build
- Work closely with the technical and land teams to ensure that key project design, grid connection, and land right aspects are fully understood, in addition to project impact
- Ensure the team of Project Managers reporting to you perform to the company's agreed procedures for monitoring development and recording risk of projects, including Risk Registers, Project Plans, and Project Budgets management
- Develop and manage tools and processes to enable the management team to understand, in detail, the status of each project in development
- Provide regular monthly reporting on highlights, milestones, budgets and programme risks which could affect cost or project delivery, to the Board
- Represent the company at key stakeholder, industry, and community events to gain support for projects
- Manage and mentor a growing Planning and Development team
- Degree level or equivalent education
- 5+ years' experience in the UK, utility-scale solar industry
- Driving license
- Proven track record of successfully UK renewable energy project development
- Proven track record of directly managing staff, ideally on developers/planning professionals
- Full understanding and experience in DCO planning submissions
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong knowledge of technical and financial issues relating to solar farm economics and viability
- Highly motivated
- Desire to work for a lean business within a small team
- 'Can do' attitude required for working for a smaller player