Staff Data Engineer
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
Global energy company seeking a Data Engineer to join their team as they develop renewable energy projects. Critical to achieving the company's digital ambitions is the delivery of our high value data and analytics initiatives, and the enablement of the technologies and platforms that will support those objectives. As a Staff Data Engineer you will be developing and maintaining data infrastructure and writing, deploying and maintaining software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data. You are passionate about planning and building compelling data products and services, in collaboration with business partners, Data Managers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Architects. This role may be based out of Houston or Chicago.
- Leads, grows and develops a team of data engineers that writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data.
- Creates positive engagement and drives an inclusive work environment with team and partners through the quality of interactions and collaboration across multiple business entities.
- Effectively works with cross-disciplinary collaborators and partners across multiple business entities.
- Architects and designs reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Advocates for and ensures their team adheres to software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering standard methodologies: on-call rotations for services they oversee, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Actively mentor others.
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Demonstrable coding expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Scala , Java, C++)
- Deep and hands-on experience (typically 7+ years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Experience (typically 2+ years) leading, growing and developing a data engineering team of around 7-30 people
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Strong collaborator management and ability to lead large organizations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement approach
- Experience in AWS and / or Azure native data platforms