Job ID 11041
Republic of Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Opportunity for a Structural Engineer for an offshore wind farm project in Ireland.
- Consistency in approach in the civil / structural aspects of the design for both onshore and offshore works
- Acceptable quality in the outputs received from the Owner's Engineer and the Tier 1 contractors
- Early identification of risks and opportunities through the life of the structures are identified and appropriately managed
- The structural works envisaged in the project include the following items-
- Onshore: cable burial trenches, joint bays, temporary works, substations, O&M base;
- Offshore: turbine foundations, turbine towers, rotor nacelle assemblies and blades, offshore substations.
- Support the lead civil structural engineer to ensure consistency in approach in the design development of the offshore structures;
- Support the timely closure of queries from the independent certification body and the marine warranty surveyor;
- Ensure that safe by design principals are adopted in all design activities and that these are considered in all temporary design states;
- Actively communicate with the wider engineering team and the Owner's Engineer to proactively support the multi-discipline design development identifying interfaces, assumptions, risks, and opportunities in a timely and efficient manner;
- Detailed quality checks of all structural documents to be issued to third parties.
- Experience of offshore structural engineering and design for fixed bottom offshore windfarms, with demonstrable experience of primary steel design, included integrated loads analysis, and secondary steel design;
- Demonstrable experience in supporting the certification of offshore structures to the applicable codes and standards;
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline;
- Demonstrable understanding of steel fabrication techniques and associate considerations for design;
- Demonstrable understanding of offshore transportation and installation techniques and associate considerations for design;
- Ability to identify practical solutions and constrain the extent of the engineering to achieve a design which is both commercially acceptable and certifiable;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work under significant pressure to tight timescales.