Job ID 21724
Sub-Contracts Specialist required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in Scotland
- Develop and deliver Supply Chain Management plans, comprising of a significant number of large dollar work packages. Associated risk / opportunity management and manpower planning may be part of the role.
- Working closely with all internal and external stakeholders to collect all information required to engage relevant supply lines efficiently and economically.
- Define SCM strategy in co-operation with internal stakeholders and internal disciplines.
- Direct negotiations with selected suppliers; always aiming to find the best deal for the Client in a timely fashion.
- Perform commercial analyses; normalise and evaluate bids received. Incorporate technical evaluations from disciplines like Engineering, Planning, QHSE, Contracts / Legal, etc.
- Participate in internal gate review meetings.
- Finalise bid summaries and make recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Supplier relationship management: schedule meetings with regular suppliers to manage expectations and align business interests.
- Initiate and participate in supplier performance evaluations and populate lessons learned reports.
- Degree qualified at Bachelor level or equivalent in a technical, commercial, or legal discipline.
- Experience working in a project management role, ideally within the energy industry, with a significant involvement in SCM processes.
- A genuine communicator and negotiator, with the ability to converse in English in both written and spoken word at a very high level. Being proficient in other languages is a significant advantage.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office and SAP, ideally in Ariba.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to develop, motivate and collaborate effectively with teams and individuals across the business.