Supplier Quality and Development Engineer, APAC (Local role)
Our client is the market leader of wind energy supplier in European and is also one of the major wind key components providers in Taiwan. They are looking for an energetic Supplier Quality and Development Engineer to join their APAC team in Taiwan, Taipei.
- Develop new supply sources to improve cost competitiveness and be the conduit between the Procurement and the supplier.
- Cross-functional program management to qualify new components, supporting issues with current production, developing new suppliers to reduce cost, increase capacity, and implementing action plan at suppliers to ensure process conformance.
- Responsibility for Supplier qualification, Supplier development and Component qualification.
- Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Interface with buyers to prioritise supplier development needs by component to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment ensuring suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements.
- Track the supplier's performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base's ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations.
- Experience in working with matrix organisation.
- Good technical comprehension and proactive team player.
- Fluent in English
- Strong process knowledge about electronics (PCBA,Switch gear,Transformer and Cabinets).
- Knowledge in IEC requirements.
- Should have expertise in studying drawing electrical circuits.
- Electrical/Electronic test requirement (routine and type test)
- Handling expertise in resistance meter, surge test, HV machine.
- Nice to have : VDA 6.3 Auditor, PQP/PPAP, Core tools, FMEA and 8D