Supply Chain Development Lead
Taylor Hopkinson is looking for a dynamic Supply Chain Lead to join an international offshore wind developer to develop and implement a multi-million-pound supply chain strategy, identify new supplier's opportunities with a depth of market awareness for a portfolio of projects in the UK.
The position will have a strong focus on our current and future developments in Scotland, and our obligations under the leasing and CfD guidance.
- Implement and develop Supply Chain Strategy for the Business Unit, complimenting existing Project Delivery Plans and Supply Chain Requirements to be successful in the delivery of manufacturing capability, products, packages, and services to our current and future projects.
- Interface with technical and commercial team to understand technical and commercial requirements.
- Deliver on local content to increase the proportion of local supply chain companies in all phases of project development.
- Trace risks and opportunities associated with the capability and capacity or existing and new suppliers in the Offshore Wind Market.
- Work closely with the Corporate Procurement Team to develop a procurement strategy for the UK and support relevant supply chain clusters and partnerships.
- Be active in political and stakeholder engagement in line with the UK Supply Chain Strategy and associated Communications Strategy.
- Promote and coordinate supply chain events and support any Project Specific Events in conjunction with Project Stakeholder Manager and commercial teams.
- Liaise with the supply chain helping to nurture business plans that enable UK investments and develop opportunities for strategic relationships with key suppliers - e.g., ports, and major fabricators for investment.
- Develop the supply chain plans as appropriate, for both commercial requirements as well as to support political engagement with UK and Scottish Governments capturing objectives to maximise local content and deliver/match UK Government targets/ambitions.
- Awareness within project teams of Supply chain requirements under the CfD and opportunities within that and review competition activities related to supply chain development for future rounds.
- Provide lessons learned on the projects and participate in wider groups with peers across projects contributing to the application of synergies across the group and work in a coordinated manner with SCM groups in other countries.
- Experience in a related role within a Wind farm Developer, Offshore Wind Supplier, Wind farm Operator or an industry with similar challenges.
- Demonstrable knowledge in all the following areas is required:
- Offshore Wind Supply Chain.
- Business plan development and delivery
- Commercial Models and Business Cases.
- Relationship Management.
- Enabling activities to support the development of industrial capability.
- Understanding requirements of CfD auctions in the UK.
- Risk analysis and commercial models
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. Proficiency in other languages will be valued.
- Location in Edinburgh but travel to potential supplier's offices and facilities and attending meetings with supply chain agencies across UK, will be required.