Supply Chain Development Manager
Supply Chain Manager required to join the development team of a global consortium recently successful in securing a major floating project in the Crown Estate Scotland's ScotWind leasing round.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for early supply chain development and engagement activities for the Scotwind project. You will organise and structure the processes necessary to build awareness, capacity and competitiveness in all tiers of the supply chain required to deliver and scale the project. You will be joining a dynamic and highly motivated team of passionate energy professionals who have extensive knowledge in the development and execution of floating and fixed-bottom offshore projects.
- Engage with the local supply chain and other local stakeholders to create win-win situations and increase the local support for a 1GW Scotwind project.
- Create tender documents in different subject areas (package), evaluation of offers and conducting contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Hold follow-up sessions on supplier deliveries and track any deviations from plan.
- Lead negotiations concerning any disagreements with suppliers.
- Assist the procurement team in conducting a competitive tendering process that facilitates the need of the project.
- Guide and support stakeholders with any contract implementation, contract management or supplier-related issues.
- Work closely with procurement to ensure the supplier database is kept up to date and tier 1 contractors use this for contract opportunities.
- Responsible for closing out Supply Chain Plan commitments and ensuring local content opportunities.
- Monitor and anticipate any issues with the stakeholders and consider mitigation strategies.
- Ensure project governance and control frameworks are implemented in line with company project management processes.
- Represent company on offshore related topics at local and regional stakeholder events and work with regulatory and communication function to ensure project interests are promoted towards regional and national authorities.
- Degree in Engineering, Environmental, Renewable Energy, Business, legal or equivalent.
- Experience in a related role within a developer, supplier, operator or an industry with similar challenges.
- Knowledge of Scottish offshore wind supply chain and offshore wind companies.
- Experience in business plan development and delivery
- Engineering awareness and ability to engage on a practical level
- Proven experience of working with large scale suppliers for infrastructure projects, ideally within offshore wind.
- Good knowledge of contract management and regulation.