Supply Chain Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced individual to support their project in working with the local supply chain, to ensure that local content on the project is maximised through all stages of its development.
- Working closely with the Contracting and Procurement teams and with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, the role will involve identifying opportunities that exist within all major contract scopes for local content, assessing the capabilities that exist locally to meet these needs, and connecting the local supply chain to the bidders for the main project construction contracts during the tender process.
- The successful candidate will build relationships with the local supply chain to ensure project needs are understood and to support the development of local capability where gaps exist.
- Working with training and development agencies to identify suitable supports and to partner on relevant initiatives will also be a key requirement.
- Develop a Local Content Strategy for the Wind Park project, identifying all potential opportunities for the local supply chain during all phases of the project, and setting out how these opportunities will be realised.
- Carry out a capabilities assessment of the local market to identify what capacity currently exists to meet the supply chain needs of the three main construction contracts on the project, plus other ad-hoc project needs.
- Work closely with the bidders for the main construction contracts throughout the Invitation to Tender process, and following appointment of preferred contractors, to connect them to the local supply chain and enable them to build as much local content as possible into their delivery.
- Create awareness among the local supply chain, through one-to-one meetings and group events, of the opportunities that will arise on the project, the requirements to access them and the timelines for tender.
- Develop and manage a database of Irish businesses with an interest in working on the project, build relationships with these businesses and carry out due diligence as required.
- Support the Procurement Manager in sourcing and managing service and supply contracts for the project in Ireland.
- Identify gaps in the Irish market and look for ways to address them through, for example, training and development initiatives.
- Work closely with the Operations and Maintenance Base Manager to maximise the opportunities for local businesses to be part of the supply chain for its development and operational life.
- Develop a plan to maximise the involvement of the local workforce in the long-term operations jobs on the project (expected to be approximately 70).
- In conjunction with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, build partnerships with local and national training agencies and educational institutions to help meet the future skills and business capability needs of the project and of the wider Irish offshore wind industry as it develops.
- Minimum of five years' experience working with the Irish supply chain, ideally in the energy sector, a State agency or on large infrastructure projects.
- Relevant contracts and procurement experience in Ireland, with a strong grasp of all relevant standards and applicable laws.
- Experience of working in a development role, supporting businesses to develop their workforce, capabilities and/or standards.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and experience of engaging widely with businesses and business support and development agencies/organisations.
- Experience of delivering 'Meet the Buyer' events, to introduce the local supply chain to contractors or potential contractors.
- Previous experience of establishing KPIs, benchmarked appropriately.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and with contractors, to achieve strong outcomes.
- Ability to represent the interests of the Wind Park project with relevant external stakeholders, including the business representative bodies, State agencies and educational institutions.
- Combination of strategic capability and on-the-ground tactical delivery required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Due to the nature of the role, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work to tight timescales.