Technical Accounting Manager
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar
Opportunity for an experienced Accounting professional to join a leading global asset management and services company, specialising in the renewable energy industry.
The Accounting Manager with join a talented team of financial asset management professionals, and will play a key role in supporting company growth and service offerings to major clients both existing and new.
- Lead financial management solutions for projects and funds on the company's behalf, across both the solar and wind energy technologies
- Generate and maintain HLBV (Hypothetical Liquidated Book Value) calculations and models used in GAAP accounting in relation to tax equity partnerships investments
- Support the creation of structures and start-up accounting for company accounting system
- Develop the skills and experience of a small team of associates, with overview of day-to-day management of books and records, reconciliation, reviewing etc.
- Assist in on boarding new renewable energy investment vehicles, including partnership flip, sale leaseback, inverted leases, and lease pass-through funds etc.
- Ensure inter-company accounts are reconciled and resolve vacancies prior to close
- Generate/review and gather schedules for external audits, ensuring GAAP compliance across each and every entity
- Support management of bank accounts across each entity
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in relation to elements of technical accounting (e.g. HLBV, Hedge)
- Coordinate and collaborate with financial AM team to review initial HLBV models, updating models to reflect operational results
- Interface directly with clients in relation to financial matters
- Min. 5 years' experience in renewable energy financial accounting (wind/solar/infra)
- Experience with project accounting, including partnership flip, sale leaseback, inverted leases, and lease pass-through etc.
- Preferred knowledge of HLBV modelling, generation and maintenance/review
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/similar and/or CPA qualification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP, financial reporting and internal controls
- Solid experience working with accounting software platforms and functions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Strong Excel skills essential
- Passion for renewable energy industry and desire to grow career in this sector
- Familiarity with Renewable energy asset management services preferred
- Energy Hedge accounting experience desirable