Technical Adviser – Wind
Taylor Hopkinson is searching for an onshore wind advisor for a global player in the field of renewable energy, developing and managing plants that generate clean energy.
As part of the UK Consulting team, the candidate will support on technical due diligence processes across wind energy projects and advise on permitting, engineering design and grid connection.
It is a full-time position based in the UK; their main base is in London however there is some flexibility around remote working.
- Performance and supervision of wind analysis, EYA (wind data, SCADA), site suitability analysis for the pre-construction and post-construction assessment of the performance of wind power plants, for evaluations of expected production of wind projects, site compliance.
- Inspections and surveys on site and on plants for electricity production from renewable sources.
- Technical consultancy services in wind energy sector and renewable sources.
- Technical due diligence performance and supervisory.
- Construction and operation monitoring.
- Engineering degree (electrical, mechanical, aerospace, energy) or maths/physics
- Relevant practical experience in a similar role with high level knowledge of wind assessment and energy assessment (from wind measurements to statistical performance data analysis) in construction and performance monitoring of Wind Power Plants.
- Experience with technical analysis tools (WASP, WindSim, Windographer, WindPro, etc.), Mesoscale modelling knowledge and WRF software will be a plus.
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical calculation programs (MatLab).
- Experience in performing, for wind and PV projects, pre-construction, and post-construction technical due diligence on and included activities (all or in part) such as Permitting Assessment, Engineering Assessment, Wind Turbine Technology Review, Contracts Review and Assessment, CAPEX, FM inputs review.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages.