Technical Asset Manager
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained to appoint a Technical Asset Manager for a leading offshore wind farm.
This is a permanent position based in Hamburg.
As a Technical Asset Manager, you are responsible for various projects with a significant impact on the successful operation of the offshore wind farm. The focus is on asset integrity and the coordination and optimization of project workflows and asset management processes. Your tasks include the management of contractual partners as well as improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve the park performance as well as the wind park asset integrity.
- Asset Integrity Management of the offshore wind farm in operation including the wind turbines, foundations, subsea works, offshore substations.
- Management of inspections, surveys, and contingency plans.
- Development, management, and coordination of technical projects across all project phases, from development to successful completion, this includes definition of project plans and framework as well as ensuring successful project execution and efficient use of resources.
- Management of 3rd party technical experts, e.g., external engineering companies, University cooperation's.
- Monitoring of technical compliance with all security-related and legal requirements regarding project and asset responsibility.
- Responsibility for sub-areas and technical systems in the wind farm.
- Familiar with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and projects.
- Oversees warranty and other technical claims with the suppliers.
- Organization and leading of internal and external project team resources.
- Risk Management model administration and further development.
- Project Management model administration and further development.
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of daily work and communication processes.
- Reporting to the management on asset and project status including risk identification, assessment, and support in strategic solutions.
- Completed university engineering degree.
- Professional experience in asset or O&M management, preferably in the wind / offshore industry or other large-scale industries.
- Profound knowledge of project management or leadership of teams, preferably experience in comparable previous positions in wind turbines, offshore substations, and the associated technical systems.
- Excellent skills in Project Management, process optimization including the application of management systems methodologies in the daily work, e.g., Six Sigma (DMAIC). Affinity to continuous improvement.
- Broad entrepreneurial profile/understanding/thinking with affinity to technical systems across departments and system boundaries.
- Excellent understanding of the contractual partner management.
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- Your strengths include hands-on mentality, ability for teamwork and a structured, analytic, strategic, and self-dependent way of working.