Technical Director – Offshore Wind Farm
Offshore Department Execution Management
Reports To CEO
Join our client, an offshore wind developer, as the Technical Director which will have the responsibility of overseeing all the technical divisions across the development, construction, and operations phases of their offshore wind projects.
In addition, you will be the lead Company Representative in technical aspects to their offshore wind projects and lead the technical team members working on these projects. The exceptional Technical Director should streamline technical & engineering work processes, effectively direct and improve their development and construction strategy in line with overall business strategy.
* Manage all the technical divisions in the Company.
* Recruiting a technically strong and efficient team to support the development and delivery of these projects
* Creating and then implementing internal processes and procedures for the technical team
* Be the lead Company Representative in technical aspects to the offshore wind projects and work closely with the Project Directors to manage project scope, schedule, cost and resources
* Manage all technical members working on the project and oversee the deliverables from our team within the project
* Lead the design, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning, from the early planning to the handing-over to the O&M Department, and on the supply chain side of the project.
* Take on a role of 2nd line negotiator in conflicts with contractors or suppliers that are not being resolved at Package Manager level.
* Bachelor's degree or above in engineering as well as a solid technical understanding of and relevant experience from the offshore wind industry
* Experience required in implementing & execution of large project in leadership roles, with strong organization development & leadership skills.
* Have experience from a similar position as Project Director, EPC Director, or package manager for WTG or Foundations and have hands-on experience with all phases of the execution, construction and operations and maintenance of offshore wind projects or large CAPEX projects
* Have experience in managing complex and multiple contracts to be able to support project teams across the delivery of the project and challenging situations
* Have strong leadership skills and management capability to lead and coordinate a technical team
* Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in written and spoken English
* Be willing to be based in Korea on a permanent, long-term basis