Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Wave & Tidal
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained by the ORE Catapult to appoint a Technical Director.
The ORE Catapult is the UK's offshore renewable technology flagship, providing the industry with a uniquely integrated portfolio of products and services that combines innovation leadership with world-class technology testing capabilities.
The Technical Director will work closely with Executive Team colleagues to assess the medium-to-long-term technical development priority areas and develop the appropriate skills and facilities within the organisation for delivery to market. You will be an innovative thinker and a technology enthusiast with a true understanding of how to develop technical capabilities and bring them to market. This will include developing core services relating to wind turbines and also to emerging topics such as Big Data, analytics and robotics, and how they can be optimised to improve efficiencies in offshore wind projects.
- Drive technical delivery and utilisation through resource pool management
- Drive thought leadership for the business and prioritises new areas of innovation
- Ensure that the technical team is able to function externally and internally
- Ensure that the relevant areas of the business are consulted and informed on technical strategy and assist in the development of the business plan that delivers the strategy
- Collaborate with the Investment committee to advise on strategic alignment of major technical prospects and capital expenditure
- Foster key relationships with CTO's of major industry players
- Guide and mentor staff to ensure succession planning for key technical roles
- Experience in a senior technical role in a renewables-facing business or innovation space
- Relevant experience in working with industry at highest technical levels
- Experience in design and testing of equipment
- Familiar with working in a multi-site environment and governance of remote technical teams
- Understanding of the significance of big data and its relationship with Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- People and communications skills suitable to influence at Board level as well as practically running a large resource pool