Technical Documentation Manager
Work instructions and Technical Documentation Manager working across onshore and offshore portfolio for major European developer.
- Deliver the development, review and ongoing maintenance of work instructions for the wind farm maintenance related works where the business adopts a self-perform strategy.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure Work Instructions are developed accordance with local legal and HSE requirements.
- Align with all Heads of Regional Operations on budgets and priorities for Work Instructions to suit their operational plans and produce short and long-term plans to satisfy the needs of the business/
- Align the need for resources from Operations, Asset Management and HSE with their respective heads and coordinate these resources for the work instruction related work.
- Implement project management methodologies for the effective delivery Work Instructions including resource allocation, budget and schedule control.
- Implement effective monitoring of the progress of each Work Instruction project and the overall portfolio with appropriate Key Performance Indicators to aid the early identify issues and subsequent mitigating actions.
- Implement effective Quality management measures to ensure that Work Instructions are produced to an appropriate level of quality.
- Manage, steer and develop the direct FTEs and contractors needed to deliver the scope of the Work Instructions.
- Manage relevant support contracts including their budgets and schedule.
- Develop, implement and maintain a state of the art IT System for the development, review and publication of work instructions that is compliant with global requirements and operational strategy (mobile use, SAP).
- Define the strategy for Document Management and act as the centre of competence for Document Management.
- Provide advice on appropriate Document Management Systems for use.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in the operation and maintenance of wind assets.
- A good understanding of the principles of document management and working experience of different Document Management Systems.
- Knowledge of the RDS-PP documentation standards.
- Able to work lead international teams, across functions and countries.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management.
- Precise, persistent and thorough.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.