Technical Manager for Array Cables Supply and Termination
Leading international offshore wind developer looking for a Technical Management to take up the challenges in relation to Module Technical Management of array cables of future offshore wind farms.
The position can be based in Hamburg, London or Copenhagen.
As Technical Manager in the Array Cable Managers department where you will be part of a team responsible for the design, development and procurement of inter array cables. The Array Cable Managers department is part of Engineering under EPC, delivering supply and termination of array cables across our global portfolio.
You will be part of the Product Line Module team with more than 15 members and, together with your colleagues, handle all engineering phases related to the array cable systems for offshore wind farms, reporting to the Project Technical Manager. You will lead tender negotiations with the various suppliers and ensure all stakeholders are properly involved in the discussions until contract signature.
- Report progress of activities within the module and supporting Project Technical Manager in preparation of monthly reports.
- Prepare and maintain the module master documents, generic technical requirements and technical notes within the module.
- Support the Project Technical Manager in the sourcing projects, interface alignment, risk assessments, development of levers, supplier quality management and supplier performance.
- Provide technical support to the offshore wind farms in the early development phases and bid processes, ensuring high quality standards and competitive cable designs.
- Participate in the preparation of the array cable supply tenders review and ensure that the supplier offers are of the correct quality, within scope and budget.
- Working in the Array Cable Supply & Termination Module will give you the unmatched possibility to both develop and implement innovative solutions across THE portfolio to realise major cost savings.
- Bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar
- Experience within high-voltage cables and accessories - experience with submarine cable systems and cable manufacturing will be an advantage.
- Problem-solving attitude, teamworking spirit and outgoing personality
- Excellent communicator, speak and write English fluently and have an international mindset
- Independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation
- Preferably have experience with project leadership, and knowledge of submarine cables standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - will be positively evaluated.