Technical Manager – Madrid
Job ID 8547
- Adhere to our internal organizational values and behaviors while acting as a technical focal point in Spain, providing timely and cost-effective resolution of diverse engineering issues related to wind and PV projects.
- Work constructively in a dynamic team environment, fostering and managing close relationships with relevant internal stakeholders across business and functional units, in order to ensure intra-company collaboration and to ramp up the integration of the new business unit.
- Monitor the National Electrical System, providing a clear picture of the transmission and distribution infrastructure, and emphasizing the identification of future expansion plans and congestion phenomena.
- Interface with various third parties such as REE.
- Supporting internal at the Development and Construction Department with the estimated price.
- Coordinate and support Technical Due Diligences for solar projects in close collaboration with technical consultants and internal stakeholders.
- The position requires travelling across the country to visit project locations and relevant stakeholders, scouting new sites and handling development tasks of projects in different stages of maturity; monitoring/participation in off-take and transmission issues and opportunities might be required.
- 5 years of relevant experience in engineering and/or design, for the development, construction and operation applicable to renewable energy projects.
- Ability to evaluate technical requirements towards economic benefits and sound commercial knowledge and understanding of interfaces between commercial and technical aspects in PV farms or other infrastructure projects.
- Favorably experience in sourcing and managing engineering services and technical consultants.
- Comprehensive understanding of energy yield assessments.
- Understanding of energy markets, renewable technologies and of national and regional regulation relevant for wind development (e.g. to provide guidance in the permitting process) with impact the development of renewable energy projects.
- Good Project Management skills and track record of project delivery; experience in due diligence processes is highly welcome.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex development topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense for diversity and inclusion; ability to building and maintain a contact network and business relationships; good sense of humor.