Our client is seeking to recruit for a Technical Manager to be based in Hanoi, Vietnam, to manage Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects across the region.
- Providing oversight and guidance in undertaking assessment, planning, documentation, design, tendering, contracting and construction of projects in development and construction stages.
- Monitoring performance and providing support to project companies for project in operational stage.
- Ensuring all related project risk management, procurement, planning, design, specification, tendering, contracting and contract management activities are executed on time and in accordance with international standards for quality, environmental protection, social impact, and health and safety.
- Documentation and specification of requirements for compliance by consultants and works contractors with the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability, including with respect to occupational health and safety
- Review and assessment of project proposals, including identification and assessment of (i) possible major technology, implementation and/or cost risks, (ii) local regulations and laws for which compliance relating to technical implementation aspects will be required, (iii) technical scope and viability, and (iv) assessment of possible project development strategy options
- Supporting the team in the assessment of prospective project development partners with respect to relevant project management, contract management, and environmental, health and safety management capabilities and experience.
- Supporting the team in the oversight, direction and guidance of the preparation, finalization and execution of all project studies and technical documents for supervision and works that are determined to be necessary for achievement of project Financial Close.
- Review and comment on key project investigations, design and construction management documents, including specifications, tender documents and technical documents for (i) project feasibility study, environmental and social impact assessment, and monitoring and supervision services contracts, and (ii) project works contracts.
- Monitoring, supervision, and reporting on progress and technical compliance of projects under construction, testing and/or commissioning, including updated risk assessments and assessment of compliance with specified quality (QA/QC), cost, time, and HSES management requirements.
- Review and comment on key project operation and maintenance (O&M) documents, including resourcing and training plans for O&M personnel, O&M equipment requirements, lists of proposed spare parts and consumables, O&M manuals, operating policies and procedures, and environmental monitoring and management plans (EMMP) and health and safety management plans (HSMP) for the project O&M phase.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a reputable university; Master's degree in similar or related disciplines would be advantageous;
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience with project assessment, design and construction management and/or O&M management, relevant to infrastructure works in South East Asia
- Experience and expertise with multi-disciplinary engineering or infrastructure projects (preferably renewable energy, water supply, waste management, logistics and/or agriculture supporting infrastructure) is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability, particularly with respect to HSES management in developing countries and hands-on experience with the documentation and specification of such requirements for compliance by consultants and works contractors;
- Ability to track and analyse project budgets and company financial statements, with demonstrated experience in achieving financial goals and expense budgets;
- Highly proficient in both oral and written English and Vietnamese.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project;