Technical Operations Manager
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained to appoint a Technical Operations Manager for a leading offshore wind farm.
This is a permanent position based in Hamburg.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you will be responsible for various projects with a significant impact on the successful operation of the offshore wind farm. The focus is on the efficient coordination and optimization of operational processes. Your tasks include the management and monitoring of contractual partners, offshore works planning and execution as well as improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve the park performance.
- Technical responsibility in operations management for the wind turbines (WTG).
- Daily Performance Monitoring of WTGs, including error diagnostics and analysis as well as identification of solutions.
- Management of the subcontractors and supervision of the execution of O&M contracts.
- Coordination and monitoring of operations, troubleshooting and maintenance activities to ensure asset integrity and avoid downtimes of the wind farm.
- Offshore planning and execution of additional offshore projects, e.g., Major Component exchanges, Improvement Projects, Defect rectification campaigns (corrosion, paint repair).
- Management and coordination of technical projects across all project phases.
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of daily work and communication processes such as the interface between onshore (back office) and offshore (service operation vessel) personnel.
- Main technical interface to the Asset Management.
- Reporting to the management on operations and project status including risk identification and assessment.
- Completed university engineering degree.
- Professional experience, preferably in the wind industry.
- Profound knowledge of project management and a technical understanding of wind turbines, ideally also in other areas such as offshore substations, SCADA and IT systems.
- Independent and solution-oriented way of working.
- Your strengths include hands-on mentality, ability for teamwork and pronounced methodical way of thinking.
- Good knowledge of common Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills and assertiveness.
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.