Technical Support Engineer
Job ID 13204
- Handle the basic technical support task of day-to-day work, including but not limited to electrical issues, mechanical issues and software issues of wind turbines. Wind farms scope covers both Direct-Drive wind turbines and Geared wind turbines.
- Coordinate local resources and that of headquarters to shorten the solutions' lead time.
- Provide swift response to wind turbine shutdown case.
- Ensure the smooth execution of technical support contract or TSSA signed with external customer.
- Providing guidance with major component exchange and retrofit campaigns.
- Regular analysis of turbine production, availability and fault data to identify and understand trends that may be occurring and make recommendations as to actions required to address.
- Assist in the commissioning of new wind turbines including following up with issues, making preliminary analysis and issues' escalation.
- Support in projects that are in pre-TOC period to ensure the wind turbines' availability and reliability of new wind turbines after commissioning.
- Assist in the new tools/applications rolling out in the region.
- Satisfy external customer with excellent and value-added service.
- Protection of intelligence property in the course of knowledge delivery to external customer.
- Ensure safety and environmental requirements are complied.
- Maintain Approved Lockout Procedures (ALPs or EIPs) for applicable turbine works and assist in ensuring Turbine Technicians are trained in and understand their proper application and use.
- Assist generally in meeting quality and EHS standards including assistance in auditing against standard procedures
- Degree in Electrical Engineering education with professional experience of at least 5 year.
- Team-working / leadership skills.
- International experience. Willingness to travel and work in a global environment.
- High degree of accountability and commitment.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships across departments.
- Excellent communication and English language skills.