Testing and Termination Engineer
Job ID 9309
Termination and Testing Engineer to work with a leading offshore wind developer on a major offshore wind project.
- Support the cable package with technical expertise and guidance in all matters regarding testing and termination, including but not limited to the termination technology, termination installation procedure and quality assurance of workmanship, earthing connections, testing procedures as well as termination and accessories manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise in to support the cable package team in assessing the suitability of cable terminations and accessories to be used on the project.
- Review contractor/supplier testing and termination procedures to ensure the highest technical and quality standards. Ensure that the procedures are adequate for the respective cable type used.
- Identify, request and check the required documentation from the respective contractors/suppliers.
- Regular reporting and documentation of activities, progress and surveillance activities to the Package Manager (e.g. daily report, factory surveillance reports, FAT/SAT reports, NCRs).
- Provide testing and termination technical expertise to project foundation mock-up exercises to ensure optimised pull-in, securing, termination and testing operation for deployment in the field.
- Surveillance of termination and accessories manufacturing and testing at manufacturer location(s) to ensure timely delivery and quality of accessories to the project.
- Jointer competence assessment to ensure jointers to be deployed on the project have adequate training and competence with the selected terminations and other accessories.
- Develop, coordinate and administer dry-run of termination procedure for the jointers prior to the offshore testing and termination campaign.
- Surveillance of pull-in, securing, termination and testing activities in the field to ensure installation meets technical specification and quality requirements.
- Surveillance for the monitoring of fibre optic cable termination and earthing connections of all installed products to the main foundation into the fibre optic box.
- Logging, tracking and closing out of NCRs relating to the termination and testing scope of work.
- Regular knowledge sharing on termination and testing in general and project specific with the Client. Implement Lessons Learnt on delivery project.
- Experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing, in particular accessories and terminations.
- Experience of high voltage systems and engineering.
- Profound and deep knowledge of and experience with HV cable and fibre optics terminations, in particular excellent understanding of T-connectors.
- Broad HV cable and termination testing expertise.
- Good knowledge of electrical standards and safety rules.
- Experience with testing and commissioning of subsea cable systems.
- Good knowledge of termination manufacturing process.