Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
Leading global renewable energy developer seeking a Transmission Manager to join their US team as they develop utility-scale renewable energy projects across the country. There are two Transmission Manager positions open - one focusing on the US East region and one focusing on the US West region.
- Work with Development and other teams on market and site selection for development of utility scale wind, solar and storage facilities across the US.
- Develop thorough understanding and evaluation of potential interconnection alternatives for various projects, and the corresponding costs, benefits, and challenges for each alternative.
- Initiate interconnection requests and shepherd requests through the study process and negotiation & execution of interconnection agreements.
- Perform power flow analysis as necessary to develop actionable information for development and power marketing team.
- Scope, request, review and verify interconnection studies and other analysis from transmission providers and consultants.
- Track transmission projects and overall transmission development within the various markets.
- Assist Development, Regulatory, Construction, Engineering, Operations, and Dispatch teams with multiple aspects of project development, design and operation.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of regional transmission systems and providers.
- Participate in and act as an advocate for the company and the industry in the transmission regulatory process.
- Duplicate studies performed by transmission providers for QA/QC, at times working on short timelines, with less than complete information.
- Build upon current familiarity of regulatory requirements and changes, provide regular updates to impacted departments.
- Minimum of 5 years of transmission experience
- Experience performing power flow simulations with power flow software: PSS/E, Power World, PSLF and/or TARA.
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the following markets: PJM, MISO, ERCOT, NYISO or CAISO. Experience in participation in market stakeholder processes preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related/similar field
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related/similar field accepted in lieu of 1 year experience