Transmission Package Manager
Job ID 14872
Republic of Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Transmission Package Manager required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Ireland
- Ensuring safety is a number one priority by demonstrating safety leadership, setting safety standards and promoting a positive safety culture.
- Delivering an optimised and safe Transmission solution to meet bid and execution targets, which provides the best Levelised Cost of Energy for the project and ensures that the end product is achieved through a certifiable design process.
- Managing, overseeing and ensuring appropriate management of all Contracts associated with the Transmission Package.
- Managing and developing the Transmission Package team to ensure a high performing team is in place and package team members are engaged and motivated to deliver a winning bid.
- Reporting on Transmission Package team activities, including SHE statistics, programme progress, budget track, quality monitoring and resourcing of Transmission Package activities on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to the Senior Project Manager on general project related / management issues
- Engagement and interface management with key external project stakeholders such as Eirgrid, Commission for Regulation of Utilities, ESB Networks, Environmental Regulators, etc..
- Management of health and safety on the Package and assurance of the Health and Safety plans and performance of the Package Contractors.
- Establish, lead and manage effective project organisation and well functioning project team. Secure necessary resources and competencies.
- Manage project time, cost budgets, quality, risks, interfaces, stakeholders and documentation as well as other PMI competence areas.
- Act as the Client Representative with respect to multiple contracts, engaging with senior management of respective suppliers.
- Develop, communicate and implement the package direction and strategic goals.
- A degree in relevant engineering discipline or hold equivalent industry experience with strong commercial acumen and the ability to interpret and manage multiple projects and/or business requirements simultaneously.
- Extensive project management expertise and understanding of engineering fundamentals for electrical systems, HV substations, offshore cables and offshore substation platforms is required. You must also be confident in challenging all aspects of project costs, driving efficiency and value in all areas.
- Experience and enthusiasm of managing the development and delivery of complex electrical packages is required.
- Experience in managing contracts for offshore wind farm projects is desirable.
- Understanding of complex, large scale multi-disciplinary bank financed JV projects and the inter-relationships across multi-contract projects and the ability to identify commercial drivers for major infrastructure projects.
- Ability to develop a team of multi-disciplined colleagues.