Transmission Package Manager
Job ID 13219
Transmission Package Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Ireland.
- As Transmission Package Manager, you'll be accountable for managing all matters relating to the optioneering, design, specification, supply, transport, and installation of the Offshore Wind Farm.
- Wind Park transmission system including the Onshore Substation, HV Export Cables (Onshore and Offshore), Offshore Substation Platform and associated infrastructure.
- This will be a complex, yet exciting project, and you'll be expected to structure and implement the Transmission Package Contracts, whilst working closely and collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to educate, inform and positively engage them in the development of the offshore wind farm.
- Delivering an optimised and safe Transmission solution to meet bid and execution targets, which provides the best Levelised Cost of Energy for the project and ensures that the end product is achieved through a certifiable design process.
- Managing, overseeing, and ensuring appropriate management of all Contracts associated with the Transmission Package.
- Tracking work programme, cost control and risk management of all activities for delivery of the Transmission Package plan.
- Managing and developing the Transmission Package team to ensure a high performing team is in place and package team members are engaged and motivated to deliver a winning bid.
- Reporting on Transmission Package team activities, including SHE statistics, programme progress, budget track, quality monitoring and resourcing of Transmission Package activities on a monthly basis.
- A degree education in a relevant engineering discipline or hold equivalent industry experience with strong commercial acumen and the ability to interpret and manage multiple projects and/or business requirements simultaneously.
- Extensive project management expertise and understanding of engineering fundamentals for electrical systems, HV substations, offshore cables and offshore substation platforms is required.
- You must also be confident in challenging all aspects of project costs, driving efficiency and value in all areas.
- Experience and enthusiasm of managing the development and delivery of complex electrical packages is required.
- Experience in managing contracts for offshore wind farm projects is desirable.
- A solid understanding of complex, large scale multi-disciplinary bank financed JV projects and the inter-relationships across multi-contract projects and the ability to identify commercial drivers for major infrastructure projects.
- Strong management skills with the proven ability of motivating and developing a team of multi-disciplined colleagues.
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.