Vice President Offshore Wind Development
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
We have been retained by a leading offshore developer to appoint a Vice President of Offshore Wind Development as they undertake a global transition from oil and gas into offshore wind.
The VP Offshore Wind Development will be responsible for all aspects comprising the global identification and development of both commercial-scale leased projects, as well as electrification projects for offshore O&G infrastructure. You will oversee the wider, cross disciplinary, development team and have responsibility for directing and driving projects to successful completion.
You will work with the senior management and strategy teams to identify and secure project partnerships across the global supply chain. You will also play a key role in developing and implementing the offshore wind strategy and resulting direction of the organisation.
The Offshore Wind Development Team is a new division of the company, looking to grow fast and become a global market player. We welcome applications from experienced development professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to make a positive impact by being future of offshore wind.
- Lead the global offshore wind development team, developing both commercial-scale leased and Power-to-X projects.
- Take responsibility and for driving the successful development of multiple projects to completion.
- Oversee the global cross disciplinary team to ensure collaboration and efficiencies.
- Work with the senior management and strategy team to develop and implement the offshore wind development strategy globally.
- Oversee the procurement of, and work closely with, subcontractors to successfully develop project from early phase development through to operation.
- Work with project partner teams to see project development to completion.
- Work with the senior management team and HR to recruit and grow the team.
- Remain informed on the latest technologies, innovations and industry trends.
- Generate and maintain a strong network of industry relationships.
- Provide forward-thinking to help drive innovation and ensure the business remains at the forefront of the offshore wind market.
- Present at conferences and develop thought leadership articles.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Environmental Science, Law, Business Administration)
- Demonstrable experience in offshore wind development, including, site finding, consenting, site investigations, planning permissions etc.
- Excellent understanding of offshore wind development requirements and stakeholders.
- Experience in procuring and overseeing subcontractors to deliver against objectives.
- Knowledgeable on the global offshore wind market including development opportunities and barriers.
- Experience in working directly with external partners or clients to achieve an outcome.
- Experience in managing a project team and recruitment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a broad range of internal and external industry experts and stakeholders.
Our client are committed to accelerating global carbon reduction through offshore wind development. As a developer, they are focused on becoming a global offshore wind player, leading the O&G electrification market, as well as being a development partner on commercial leased projects. As a consultant in the offshore wind digitalisation market, they will provide innovative technical and strategic services across the entire lifecycle of a wind farm, with a unique offering in offshore wind innovation, digitalisation and artificial intelligence.