Vice President Supply Chain
Opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to join a leading Offshore Wind developer with a varied global portfolio. The Vice President Supply Chain will lead the global supply chain function and support the value chain from origination to operations with strategic and operational supply chain activities.
- Build and develop the supply chain function, including setting the strategic direction, creating road maps and delivering on A to B organisation set-up.
- Development of local economic benefit strategies, including the creation of competitive proposals and economic development plans to be included into state energy procurement solicitations.
- Build and develop relationships with key supply chain players, and develop and strengthen local & regional relationships with suppliers, vendors and relevant stakeholders in the industry
- Identify qualified potential suppliers and maintain supplier database
- Identify bottlenecks and develop solutions that the company could explore with offshore wind players to increase local economic benefits, and execute on selected benefit strategies
- Ensure and coordinate RFI's, RFP's and the procurement of products and services
- Own the contract portfolio, and ensure we have supplier capabilities and capacity to deliver on our projects and development activities
- Continuous improvement and cost optimisation throughout the value chain, to ensure we are cost effective and lean
- Excellent understanding of the offshore wind value chain
- Substantial relevant experience working with offshore wind and/or renewables
- Proven negotiating skills, with:
- In-depth knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements in the Offshore Wind segment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn data into insights
- Excellent cooperation skills and high integrity
- Strong diplomacy skills and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills in English. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Preferably Master's degree with relevant background