WHSE & ESR Manager
Job ID 15595
- Development and implementation of the WHSE/ESR Management System, ensuring compliance with WHSE/ESR legislation, industry best practice and guidance, and owner requirements.
- Develop and deliver training and other initiatives to implement WHSE/ESR management system requirements and initiatives to build WHSE/ESR culture in the organisation.
- Provide WHSE/ESR support to teams to ensure that WHSE/ESR risks are considered and managed throughout the lifecycle of projects, including early stage site assessments, design WHSE/ESR reviews, contractor assessments, construction and O&M support.
- Support teams during tenders and contractual discussions associated with WHSE/ESR
- Oversee contractor WHSE/ESR performance via contractor assessments, reviewing site specific WHSE/ESR plans, inspections and audits. Build WHSE/ESR culture by ongoing engagement
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes and prevent recurrence
- As part of the Management Team, report and advise on WHSE/ESR and actions required to enhance performance
- Deep understanding of and ensuring compliance with Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards across utility scale renewable energy business in Taiwan
- Particular focus on ensuring compliance with inhouse HSE standards for projects under development and construction phase
- Ensure that the stakeholders, including contractors involved in the business, understand the applicable ESR policies, guidelines and project-specific requirements, and have the necessary commitment and capacity to manage social and environmental impacts and/or risks adequately and supported by mechanisms that facilitate implementation
- Conduct consultations with stakeholders in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines and be responsible for reporting on such
- Possess a minimum of 10 years' experience as a WHSE professional in either an internal or external advisory capacity or as part of a broader operations role, with exposure to infrastructure/renewables/resources and the solar sector.
- Have strong knowledge and experience of implementation and working with teams during development, construction and operational phases of projects.
- Experienced in working on multiple projects across Taiwan and with small scale contractors
- Hold appropriate tertiary qualifications in WHS&E
- Possess relevant Occupational Health and Safety Training as per Taiwanese Regulation
- Auditor qualification and/ or a detailed understanding of OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead the ESR for the new business for utility scale business
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written, presentations
- Excellent IT skills- experience of working with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent time management skills, ability to support multiple projects, self-starter, problem solver
- Ability to speak local language and knowledge of local WHSE legislation