Wind Turbine Package Manager, Taiwan
Our client, one of the top players in renewable filed, is enlarging its Wind Turbine Package Management team to support their APAC Offshore wind project pipeline. This WTG Package Manager is accountable for the planning and delivery of the wind turbine package until handover to Operations, including the management of HSE, scope, quality, budget, resource, and time scheduling for the package in line.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the WTG package including tendering of WTG, leading contract negotiations, manage the WTG supply contract after signature and delivery of the whole package scope (engineering, manufacturing, installation and commissioning) until handover to operations.
- Lead the WTG package team ( both internal and external) from start in development phase through construction until hand-over to operations.
- Implement a comprehensive approach to HSE and quality management in accordance with the company's established management systems for the WTG Package.
- Plan and control package budget and align with commercial functions and identify, mitigate and control WTG-related risks and align within the Risk Manager.
- Provide support to early-stage projects activities, such as consenting, planning and auction preparation.
- Ensure lessons-learned exchange with WTG packages in other projects, project assurance and support the development of best-practice and company standards as team member of the line organisation of WTG Package Management.
For success this role, you will need to have
- Master's degree or equivalent in electrical or mechanical Engineering or closely related; additional qualifications such as PMP or NEBOSH of advantage
- Sound technical knowledge of large electrical / mechanical systems
- At least 5 years track record in responsible project management positions for large infrastructure or energy projects, ideally with specific experience on delivery of WTG packages for offshore wind farm projects
- Strong team player with demonstrable team leadership and management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills and the ability to work independent and from various locations
- Proven experience in leading contract negotiations and contract management of large infrastructure investment projects
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to frequent travel.
- Fluent English