Wind Turbine Tower and Structural Engineer
Opportunity for a Wind Turbine Tower and Structural Engineer to work directly with an offshore windfarm. This role will be part of the civil engineering wind energy team, providing civil support to the Wind Farms.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position. This role can be based anywhere across Europe.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of technical excellence for key structural systems and components related to onshore Wind Turbines and their certification processes.
- Being point of contact and provide detailed engineering during project development, construction and operation to all regional teams and stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining technical standards and guidelines.
- Analysing and technically assessing solutions and structural components of new wind turbine models.
- Providing technical expertise to and representation in national and international standardization and certification organizations.
- Assessing the structural components thought the evaluation of the mechanical load assessment (MLA) within Site Suitability Reports Validation of the quality specifications and contract requirements.
- Project management of load measurement campaign for the structural components of the wind turbine (Test planning, specification of equipment, technical analysis of the data and documentation).
- Provide strategic analysis of tower technology during Technical Due Diligence.
- Analyse the wind turbine life-thru load calculations.
- Define the end-of-life strategy for the structural components of the wind farms in operation.
- Evaluate the impact of the tower transport to the off-site access roads and support the detailed designs were applicable.
- Project Due Diligence and evaluation of competitiveness in new markets.
- Coordinate with the Site Civil Supervisor on daily construction issues and respond to Civil RFI questions.
- Structural assessment of the Operating Assets and specify remedial actions (Scope of Works) were required, perform Inspections, Root Cause Analysis and evaluate the monitoring results.
- Continuously improve specifications and designs with experience and feedback from operating assets.
- Successfully completed university degree in Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Several years of relevant experience within the renewable energy industry particularly in the conceptual, basic design and operational optimization of wind turbine towers and structures, mechanical load assessment and turbine certification processes.
- Ability to work conceptually as well as performing detailed engineering work for wind turbine towers and structures.
- Comprehensive experience in Root Cause Analysis and site inspections related to wind turbine towers and structures Ability to develop, apply, and maintain standards and best practices to gain competitive advantage.
- Experience in load calculation as well as in specifying and managing site specific monitoring systems.
- Good understanding of welding and fatigue calculations for towers Knowledge about steel construction and manufacture QA/QC.
- Familiar with IEC Standards, DNV and Eurocodes Valid driver's license (mandatory) and willingness to travel (up to 50%).