WTG Commissioning Client Representative
Opportunity for multiple WTG Commissioning Client Representatives for a leading UK offshore wind farm developer. This will be an 8 month contract starting January 2021
- Review and understand the Contractor's procedures, task plans and risk assessments and provide oversight to ensure these are being followed onboard. Notifying the Contractor and onshore project team of any deviations.
- Act as conduit for communications between Contractor's offshore team and Client onshore team. Facilitate clear communications that promote safe, effective and efficient operations.
- Involvement in the management of change process in relation to changes to the procedures or engineering. The Client representative may be required to sign off these for minor changes or communicate to the onshore engineering team.
- Complete spot checks of critical Contractor's equipment (if required) as requested by onshore team or based on experience. Challenging poor maintenance or management practices.
- The responsibility to stop the job if a serious QHSE risk to personnel or assets is posed by the Contractor's actions or operations.
- Ensure the Contractor conforms to their responsibilities under the CDM regulation
- The Client Representative will respond to any Employer comments on a DPR within 24‐hours and endeavor to ensure that DPRs can be approved by the Employer as soon as possible.
- Review confirm or comment on the Contractor's DPRs within 12 hrs of receiving. Ensuring all information; and in particular commercial areas such as, weather down time, vessel or equipment break down, standby to employer, employer instruction or reasonable endeavor mechanisms are correctly reported by the Contractor.
- Record lessons learned, including a summary of issues that arise during the operations along with recommendations for the future.
- In an emergency, notify the Employer in line with the Emergency Notification Flowchart in the Emergency Response Plan.
- The Client Representative must comply with any and all COVID‐19 policies issued by the Employer or the Contractor.
- Monitoring, escalation (where required) and reporting, of all Environmental, Health and safety incidents and near misses.
- Surveillance for and alerting to the WTG Package any WTG Installation risks.
- Attending daily pre task meetings or tool box talks.
- Monitoring and evaluating the contactors compliance with documentation and with the Turbine Supply & Installation Agreement (TSIA).
- Oversee that works are in accordance with the construction phase plan and that the emergency response plan is followed.
- Any other tasks not specifically described here but needed for the due delivery of the construction service
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in WTG commissioning works.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in client representative roles.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the offshore construction industry.
- Previous knowledge/experience of offshore wind farm construction is desirable.
- GWO Full Basic Safety Training Course.
- OGUK Medical Certificate.
- HUET with CA‐EBS Trained preferable (including bi‐deltoid shoulder measurement)
- Ability to work on rotation.