WTG Control Engineer
Opportunity for an experienced WTG Control Engineer to work across several key offshore wind assets owned and operated by a global renewable energy developer.
This is a full-time staff role base in Hamburg.
- Work with the daily OWF operations with a focus on controls, sensors and associated electrical equipment.
- Work with the WTG and windfarm controller, solving of operational issues of the wind turbine and in the windfarm network.
- Auxiliary electrical systems like firefighting and obstruction/navigation light.
- Sensor technology, WTG condition monitoring system (CMS) and communication.
- Conduct review and assessment of new WTG technology with respect to controls, sensors and auxiliary electrical systems.
- Carry out failure analyses.
- Closely cooperate with other WTG and SCADA engineers.
- Liaise with external consultants on special topics such as anemometry, electromagnetic compliance etc.
- Engineering Degree
- Demonstrable and relevant experience working with WTG OEMs.
- Experience with Bachmann Controller Hardware.
- Good knowledge of total WTG system.
- Good knowledge of WTG control philosophy.
- Experience with databases.
- Good network to sub suppliers, subject matter experts and consultants.
- Good communication skills are particularly important as you will be interacting with different teams and external suppliers
- Good planning and coordination abilities as you will be managing multiple projects and tasks in parallel.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics.
- Experience with electrical design is advantageous.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Willingness to travel and work offshore.