WTG Inspector – Blades
Job ID 22785
WTG Inspector - Blades required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Denmark.
- Conduct thorough inspections of wind turbine components at various stages of the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with design specifications and quality standards.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of mechanical, electrical, and structural components.
- Review manufacturing documentation, including engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions, to ensure alignment with quality standards.
- Document and report any deviations, defects, or non-compliance issues discovered during inspections.
- Utilise testing equipment to perform functional tests and measurements on components, ensuring they meet required performance criteria.
- Collaborate with testing laboratories to verify the integrity and reliability of critical components.
- Work closely with manufacturing and engineering teams to address quality issues, provide feedback, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in meetings to discuss manufacturing processes, quality control measures, and any corrective actions needed.
- Conduct audits of suppliers and subcontractors to ensure they adhere to quality and safety standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, providing guidance on quality requirements.
- Stay current with industry regulations and standards related to wind turbine manufacturing.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Educational background in engineering or a related field.
- Previous experience in quality control or inspection roles within the manufacturing industry, preferably in renewable energy or wind turbine manufacturing.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, materials, and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Certification in quality control or inspection methodologies may be advantageous.