WTG Installation Manager/Marine Engineer
Job ID 7745
WTG Installation Manager required to work on a major offshore wind project. The role will be based in the UK.
- Manage the work associated with the wind turbine supply and installation package(s) for offshore wind farm projects. This will typically entail taking a leading role in due diligence and procurement processes, as well as managing contracts technically and commercially during delivery phase.
- Managing day-to-day activities associated with wind turbine selection and contract negotiation processes, including:
- Preparing tender documentation;
- Coordinating technical due diligence activities;
- Assessing manufacturers’ tender proposals in terms of scope of services offered, price and technical content;
- Coordinating the review of terms and conditions for wind turbine supply, installation and service contracts, obtaining commercial and legal support as appropriate;
- Managing wind turbine supply contracts during the contract execution phase (e.g. including design, manufacturing and construction activities), with particular focus on elements that impact on wider project delivery. Liaising with other company departments and functions to seek support as required.
- Liaising with clients and providing the required support in managing the turbine package.
- Engaging and managing specialist consultants as required to support company and client projects.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure appropriate standards of health, safety, environment and quality performance are in-built to the contract and achieved throughout the contract execution phase.
- Liaising with turbine manufacturers to obtain information required by in-house and external designers.
- Liaising with turbine manufacturers to monitor their progress in developing new technologies for the offshore market.
- Supporting the operation and maintenance team through analysis and negotiation of the service agreement, including turbine availability warranty and production statistics.
- Supporting the wider Project Services team in providing the provision of general project management and project engineering services to internal and external clients.
- Offshore wind industry and offshore construction.
- Offshore wind turbine technologies and supply chain market conditions.
- Wind turbine contract development and management.
- Health and safety regulations within the offshore environment. Project management methodologies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to disseminate those into the team.
- Strong communication skills including report writing, presentation and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with contractors and consultants.
- Good skills to technically evaluate potentially complex machinery or equipment.
- The ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of development, construction and operational projects.
- Experience of wind turbine technology and associated contract development and management.
- Experience of the offshore wind industry and offshore construction.
- Experience of negotiating with supply chain.
- Project management experience.