WTG Installation Manager
Job ID 7833
WTG Installation Manager required for an OEM working in UK & Ireland.
- Supporting the construction and project manager with site planning, preparation and execution.
- Leading the arrival at site, erection and commissioning of the turbines, so that the wind farm can be handed over to the customer and service team safely on-time, and to excellent quality.
- Establishing and driving a strong positive health and safety culture across the wind farm site and contractors.
- Building a strong relationship with the supervisors, commissioners, electrical engineer and other expert resource supporting the wind farm site.
- Managing and build a strong relationship with all suppliers at the site including erection & transportation companies.
- Provide the Construction/Project Manager with all necessary information for accurate reporting and support on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This will include: reporting of progress; support for claims for extension of time and/or costs to our customers and suppliers; feedback of data on the installed equipment; and formal feedback on quality issues at site.
- Substitute Construction Manager and assume responsibilities and duties when absent from site.
- Work within processes to manage and report progress on the project.
- Provide constructive suggestions on how the process can be improved and work on specific process improvement actions as part of the group Project Management teams.
- Lead and drive quality standards on the wind farm site including, inspections of works, non-conformity reporting, and technical guidance and support to subcontractors.
- Be responsible for the effective and lean management of material and spare parts.
- Validation of contractor claims and delays from a technical perspective.
- Responsible for all quality documentation relating to the installation of wind turbines at the wind farm site.
- Responsible for collating and closing out the wind farm snag list along with any applicable technical updates that are released to the wind farm site.
- SMTS and a good appreciation of health safety and environmental issues in a site environment.
- Intimate understanding of heavy lifting operations and working at heights, qualifies crane supervisor or appointed person desirable.
- Good computer skills are required, especially MS Office and MS Project
- Self-reliance. Although Installation Managers receive specialist support from the rest of the team, they will often be under pressure in remote areas with a small team.
- The determination, creativity and good humour to work through the inevitable challenges we face in a rapidly growing and changing business & market.
- Leadership and team forming skills, including good communication.
- Planning and risk management.
- The ability to define, delegate and communicate objectives.
- A practical, technical appreciation of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering (LV and HV). The ability to learn quickly about all aspects of wind farms, including the technology of wind turbines, and the way of working. Although installation managers are supported by specialists, our installation managers are required to build a robust knowledge of the turbines.
- The ability to work with team mates and partners from different countries,
- The ability to work as a team member, and to help us to create a strong, successful, and enjoyable team.
- Ability to work in a structured way ensuring that necessary quality control, safety processes, and paperwork systems are followed.
- Good health and a good head for heights!