WTG Package Engineer
World-leading renewable energy project developer looking for a WTG Package Engineer to focus on offshore windfarm projects.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role in Edinburgh.
The WTG Package Engineer will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) supply and installation works package, including contract development, project engineering, and construction planning and execution activities. The role requires strong collaboration with other technical, commercial and legal aspects of the project, and will include leading on aspects of design/engineering, interface management and construction planning works.
- Support the WTG Package Manager in delivering on all aspects of the WTG package works, including interfacing with other disciplines and packages within the project.
- Support the WTG Package Manager in the engineering and detailed design phase of the package, from both a technical and project management perspective.
- Play an active role in WTG package negotiations, document management, and delivering on key package requirements.
- Provide good and clear communication with internal and external package stakeholders.
- Support the development of the project through assisting with Consent requirements, and through ensuring that interfaces are adequately managed (supporting the requirements of the Interface Engineer) by providing expertise on WTG related issues.
- Manage and appropriately prioritise discrete work packages alongside delivering within larger work packages with shared responsibilities.
- Support the development of the WTG package through negotiation for WTG supply, detailed engineering, to construction planning and execution.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the employer requirements, the WTG, the construction programme and the associated interfaces as required. Undertake and appropriately document technical assessments of package options, managing inputs from internal and external sources.
- Reviewing and/or preparation technical specifications, schedules, and other technical documentation, and contributing to related technical negotiations.
- Support the requirements of the WTG Package and Project Control team in maintaining effective and organised control of project development and construction works, with focus on safety, quality, cost, and programme.
- Ensure control of the relevant works' budget, quality, and programme. Produce regular project reports outlining progress, budget, QHSE and risk management considerations.
- Produce and present other reports to the project team, project management and or external parties as necessary during the project.
- Degree in in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Several years' experience in the wind industry is required.
- Experience in a directly comparable role and with offshore WTG contracts/technology is preferred.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is desirable.
- The candidate should have experience in the management of technical documentation; of leading, managing and delivering specific packages of work; and of managing numerous deliverables and priorities to ensure successful execution.