WTG Package Manager
Job ID 7568
We leading an exclusive retained search for a WTG Package Manager working on a French offshore wind project.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the WTG package associated with the project.
- Responsible for the optimal design and construction to ensure that the wind farm achieves the maximum reliability, quality and safety.
- Preparing all the specifications and technical documentation to allow project’s engagement with the required subcontractors/suppliers.
- Provide technical support to other areas of the technical department specifically, structural and electrical interfaces with the foundation and electrical packages.
- Liaise closely with commercial, legal and engineering departments through procurement, selection and contracting of preferred supplier.
- Lead the delivery of the WTG’s in adherence with the agreement.
- Negotiate any variations and changes to schedules and costs to protect the company from cost overruns and delays.
- Communicate to the project team regularly on progress of the WTG package.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline.
- Significant experience in the installation and commissioning of WTG’s.
- Proven pedigree in negotiating and executing TSA agreements.
- An academic background with exposure of managing high value construction projects, including direct experience of large scale wind farm construction projects preferably in an offshore environment.
- Planning, commercial and contractual management experience with working knowledge of software based project management tools.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation associated with offshore construction projects.
- Experience of managing quality systems within an offshore wind project.
- Ability to manage contractors, including commercial and technical aspects, scheduling and co-ordination of activities.
- Health and Safety management skills – NEBOSH preferred.
- Offshore survival training would be desirable.
- Excellent commercial and contractual skills at all levels.
- Ability to be based full-time in Paris and travel frequently.