WTG Procurement Manager
We are looking for a WTG Procurement Manager to support the definition of the contracting strategy and early developments of an offshore wind project in the US.
The WTG Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the commercial negotiations and contract delivery for all products and services required for the different phases of the projects on time, on budget and with the relevant performance and delivery guarantees.
It is a full-Time staff role will be in Boston with travel when necessary or required across the country or exceptionally to Sponsors HQs.
- Support different procurement processes in the company and the project, understanding scopes of works and conditions to integrate those in the company knowledge and support ongoing negotiations.
- Analyses trends and forecasts within the market with respect to suppliers, prices, quality, availability or technological change. Understand supplier's capability to deliver products and services according to requirements.
- When required, being able to integrate overall procurement schedules in coordination with the heads of procurement, the technical department and the project managers, capturing procurement and engineering lead times together with project milestones.
- Develop and execute procurement strategies to meet business goals and ensure compliance with processes to carry out, support and execute the complete Request for Proposal process according to the guidelines of the Project and procurement policy in close association with Head of Procurement.
- To prepare the commercial specification and contractual package centralizing the communication with internal/external stakeholders, process activation, negotiations, commercial and contractual assessment, awarding/contract signature management/closing.
- Support contracting strategy to provide the company with the best price, deadlines, quality, and other commercial/contractual conditions in order to minimize the risk and optimize the projects. This also includes challenging the scopes of work to determine where unnecessary costs can be avoided or more value can be captured.
- Strong experience in negotiation skills and experience with sourcing of goods and services, preferably related to WTG supply and services, renewable energy, oil and gas or energy industries. Experience in other roles such as Project Management, Tendering, Contracts Management or Engineering could be considered fulfilling with the below mentioned skills.
- Accountability for negotiating the Contract coordinating a multidisciplinary team (technical, legal, planning, insurance, finance, etc.) and defining main terms of such contract (including LDs, warranties, termination conditions, etc.)
- Identifies contractual risks and recommend business-oriented mitigation's and/or alternative solutions. When required support from the commercial point of view the settlement of contractual disputes, including support in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution procedures and resolving contractual variations and claims with suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate effectively with partners, contractors, and consultants. Have a positive, result-oriented, and proactive approach to wide range of tasks.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of financial analysis (corporate finance, managerial accounting, project investment analysis) and business analysis (competitive strategy analysis, market research, supply chain and operations management).
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment and eager to learn and be part of a cross-cultural environment.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active spirit who can work on their own initiative.
- Team-work mentality and creative mindset and focus on innovation.
- Commitment, hard-working capacity with ability to work under pressure.