Commercial Fisheries Manager
Commercial Fisheries Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer. This role is based remotely, with occasional travel to the client's Glasgow and/or Perth office.
- As Commercial Fisheries Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in managing the interface between marine users and the offshore wind business.
- Acting as the point of contact for engagement with the commercial fisheries industry, you'll provide guidance and advice across all phases of the company's offshore portfolio from development through to construction and operation.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key external stakeholders including statutory consultees on all aspects relating to commercial fisheries and the interaction with offshore wind.
- Representing the interests of the company on relevant external forums and steering groups and circulating relevant information to project teams and senior management, highlighting any challenges and opportunities.
- The development and rollout of strategic plans, recommendations, and guidance with regards to the management of marine stakeholders.
- The promotion of a positive safety culture within the marine environment ensuring marine users are conversant with, and adhere to, company safety considerations.
- Effective and efficient management of internal and external resources to ensure consistency in approach across projects.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills up to senior/Director level, preferably within the marine sector, with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively whilst seeing things from both sides and presenting yourself as a trusted and respected extension of the community.
- Practical experience of large-scale marine infrastructure development and/or operation.
- Knowledge of offshore construction and operational practices including sub-sea cabling and cable protection techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation and practices in the offshore environment.
- An understanding of communication protocols relating to marine users including Notices to Mariners (NTMs).