Republic of Ireland
Grid Manager required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer, based in Ireland.
- The purpose of the role is to develop and then implement the grid connection activities.
- This is essentially a Package Manager for the Grid Connection Package. This role is to be undertaken in three phases:
- Pre-Grid connection offer, where the role will report to the Engineering Mgr.
- Between receipt of Grid Connection offer and FID, where the role will report to the Engineering Mgr.
- Post-FID, where the role will report to the Lot 3 package Mgr.
In phase 1, the key responsibilities will be:
- Identifying and unlocking grid connection solutions for the wind park - using experience from other jurisdictions to influence Eirgrid as necessary.
- Leading sub-group (joint connection solution) discussions with neighbouring offshore project.
- Coordinating Grid Connection resources (external & internal).
- Working alongside the management team to develop grid strategy.
- Coordination of related activities and interfaces (e.g., securing land and consents, managing interfaces with Lot 3 package).
In phase 2, the key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the project demonstrably develops a design compliant with the EirGrid Grid Code.
In phase 3, the key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the contractor implements a Grid Code compliant design.
- Ensuring that the commissioning process and transfer of assets is efficient and effective and completed in a timely manner.
In all phases, the responsibilities will be:
- To build on, create, and maintain strong relationships with relevant external stakeholders (Eirgrid, CRU, etc.).
- To manage the interface with the Grid Operator (Eirgrid) through all stages of the Codling grid connection process (application, offer negotiation/acceptance, implementation, transfer of assets).
- To work closely with other parts of the project team in relation to grid connection interfaces e.g., with Engineering, Electrical Systems Contractor, Land, Consenting and others.
- To keep up to date on regulatory and commercial processes for offshore grid connections in Ireland - working with relevant colleagues on Policy matters.
- To manage, coordinate and control external consultants engaged for topics related to the grid connection.
- Electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience with demonstrable commercial and project management experience related to the subject matter.
- Demonstrable appreciation of technical, commercial/contractual and policy aspects of connecting offshore wind projects to grid.
- Demonstrable experience of managing Offshore Grid connections in European context with similar arrangements to Ireland, noting that Ireland is not following the model adopted in the UK.
- Demonstrable ability to challenge the status quo, identify solutions, influence stakeholders to enable a successful implementation.
- Demonstrable engineering and Project Management skillsets.
- Demonstrable Stakeholder / Relationship management skills in a similar environment with similar stakeholders.
- Previous experience of working with stakeholder's equivalent to EirGrid, CRU, ESBN, etc in Ireland or other European jurisdictions - would be beneficial.