Head of Offshore Wind Development- Scandinavia & The Baltics
One of the world's leading renewable energy developers recruiting a senior member of the Offshore Development Management team with ambitious offshore wind growth targets globally.
This role is responsible for all offshore wind development projects within the region of Scandinavia & the Baltics from origination to construction-ready successful Final Investment Decision.
This is a full-time, staff position. Location flexible across the region.
The role is responsible for building up a pipeline of offshore projects by origination, acquisition, greenfield development and tender/ auction participation in the region. Then developing these projects to and including FID and ready for handover to construction.
The role also includes line management of local Permit/ Consent Management teams who are responsible for receiving all relevant permits and rights to construct & operate projects as well as Country Development Leads, stakeholder Management and localisation staff.
An important part of the role is stakeholder management within the region, building trusted relationships with all stakeholders such as local and national Governments, NGOs, local communities, supply chain, etc.
- Working with the Strategy function to maintain a up to date growth strategy and targets. Responsible for the development delivery strategy within region.
- Responsible for building up a healthy pipeline of offshore projects & options in line with strategy and growth targets by origination, acquisition, greenfield development and tender/ auction participations in the region.
- Responsible for the development of projects from origination up to and including FID and ready for handover to construction taking responsibility for all aspects of the project, the project teams, the development activities and associated decisions.
- Attain and manage all required agreements such as grid connection arrangements with the grid operator.
- Responsible for HSSE for development projects and development activates within the region.
- Prepare for and participate in lease and route to market tenders/auctions for Offshore wind in order to gain development/construction rights, grid connection rights and/or offtake rights and tariffs.
- Where appropriate represent shareholder on Joint Venture projects and co-ordinate relevant internal governance.
- Ensuring high quality Board approval papers and Board updates and attend Board meeting as required.
- Contribute towards building a greater presence in-region.
- Establish effective and trusted relationships with external stakeholders such as project partners, Government authorities, local stakeholders and take an active role in local, national and industry lobbying in relation to offshore wind energy topics.
- Represent the Offshore business at national industry events such as conferences, consultations, public events and also meetings with Government, regulators, local industry, partners.
- Line management of the local teams ensuring a well looked after, developed and high performing team.
- Ensure best practice bidding, development, consent & permitting practices are implemented and share lessons learnt across the region and with other regions.
- Knowledge of international and national health, safety and environmental legislation associated with development and construction projects with a strong HSE and wellbeing mindset.
- Fluent in English language, other languages within the region would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledgeable of Offshore Wind development from a political, technical and commercial perspective.
- Understanding and experience of regional cultures.
- Success driven personality, dedicated to deliver growth.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Strong regional network and ability to build trusted relationships.
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and change management skills.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels and across functions of the business.
- Ability to explain complex and detailed project issues and interactions in order to allow complex decisions to be understood.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly for leading/participating in virtual teams drawn globally from across the business.
- Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes.
- Experience of working in the offshore wind energy industry.
- Extensive experience at a high level in developing large scale offshore wind infrastructure projects.
- Environmental consenting/ permitting experience would be beneficial.
- Business development experience in complex setting of commercial, technical and regulatory boundary conditions.
- Experience in cooperation with governmental bodies and authorities.
- Experienced, strong & supportive leader with the ability to resource, manage and influence project teams in an inclusive manner ensuring equal opportunities at all times.
- Experienced in working with different regional cultures.
- Experienced in managing complex business requirements.
- Experienced in building strong regional network and trusted relationships.
- Languages: fluency in English mandatory, additional languages from the region a significant advantage.
- A university degree in business, renewable energy, engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable