Community Liaison Officer
Job ID 22356
Republic of Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Community Liaison Officer required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in Ireland
- Identifying and building relationships with relevant local individuals and organisations in the communities closest to the project, e.g., community leaders, local councillors, community groups, local authority groups, local businesses and suppliers, support agencies, schools, etc.
- Shaping and delivering appropriate stakeholder and community engagement plans, in conjunction with the project team.
- Managing the delivery of all local public consultation events, e.g., exhibitions (online and face-to-face), group briefings, presentations, and site visits (where appropriate).
- Develop with the Procurement Team a local supplier engagement plan for the project.
- Provide reports and updates to the External Affairs and Procurement Teams on the execution of the local supplier engagement plan.
- Help develop local supplier communications materials.
- Keep detailed, up-to-date records of all queries and responses to local businesses.
- Being the face of the project on the ground and the focal point for all local queries, concerns, and feedback.
- Responding to, re-directing, and resolving queries, complaints and concerns in a timely and professional manner and making the project team aware of any issues immediately.
- Maintaining detailed, up-to-date records of all queries, complaints, and engagements, using the project's stakeholder database system, and feeding these into the project development process as required.
- Working with communities to identify their aspirations with respect to the economic and social benefits of the project.
- Supporting the project team in optimising opportunities for the local supply chain throughout the delivery of the project.
- Attending community meetings and other local events, as appropriate, to provide updates on and promote the benefits of the project.
- Creating and managing the business case for local sponsorship opportunities and helping to promote these sponsorship opportunities externally.
- Providing input into press releases and other communications, e.g., newsletters, website updates, as required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the communities closest to the project: demographics, dynamics, traditions, challenges, and opportunities etc.
- Relevant experience in community relations and organising and managing stakeholder and community meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining relationships at a local level.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to carefully deliver messages to the public with confidence and integrity in a variety of forms, written and oral.
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Ability to maintain thorough and accurate records of engagements.
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work in a self-directed way, as needed.