Junior Marine HSSE Advisor
Job ID 21373
Junior Marine HSSE Advisor required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Denmark.
- Develop, update, and implement the marine and HSSE policies, procedures, and guidelines in alignment with industry regulations and company standards.
- Ensure compliance with local, national, and international maritime regulations, safety codes, and environmental standards.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and hazard identification for marine operations and related activities, with contractors.
- Collaborate with operational teams to develop and implement risk mitigation measures, emergency response plans, and contingency procedures.
- Organise and conduct HSSE training sessions for marine personnel, contractors, and relevant stakeholders.
- Foster a strong safety culture by promoting HSSE awareness and encouraging proactive reporting of near-miss incidents and safety observations.
- Lead investigations into marine-related incidents, accidents, and near-miss occurrences.
- Analyse incident data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement, and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and assess environmental impacts arising from marine operations, including pollution prevention and waste management and liaise closely with the Clients Environmental Advisor on all performance , monitoring reporting and compliance activity and requirements.
- Advise on sustainable practices to minimise the environmental footprint of marine activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering, Maritime Studies, Environmental Sciences, or a related / equivalent field.
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in marine HSSE roles, preferably in the maritime or offshore wind industry.
- In-depth knowledge of maritime regulations, safety standards, and environmental practices.
- Strong understanding of risk assessment methodologies and incident investigation techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and influence teams towards a strong safety culture.
- Certification in relevant HSSE qualifications is desirable (e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH, ISM, ISPS).
- Willingness to travel and work in different marine locations or offshore facilities if required.